Sunday, July 19, 2009

Going In for Surgery


Tomorrow is the big day! I will arrive at the Dr. office early tomorrow morning, get checked in and suppose to be the first surgery of the day. I need a good teeth cleaning and there are couple teeth that have to be pulled. This is the first time I have had to go under for my teeth cleaning. Not too bad for an almost 10 year old Italian Greyhound. Many my age are already missing many teeth.

While they are under the hood; the Dr. is going to remove a lump that has developed on my butt.

The vet and my dad are a bit concerned about me having such a big procedure under anesthesia because of my Grand Mal seizure history. I Heard them saying that the anesthesia can make me have a really big and long seizure. They have a plan and will give me some special medicine just before and after surgery. My Dad will have some of this medicine at home too just in case I have a problem in the middle of the night.

Well, that is all for now. . .Wish me luck!

1 comment:

California K9 Kitchen said...

Well the surgery is complete. In total I had 5 teeth removed. I had a bad reaction to the pain medication they gave me; but I am now on the rad to recovery!